You Are Here: Home » News » Wind Power (Page 34)

Reports Touts India’s Wind Power Potential

A new assessment by the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory has found that India’s potential for onshore wind energy deployment is significantly higher than the official estimates—as much as 30 times greater than current government estimates of 102 gigawatts. The findings could have considerable impact on India’s renewable energy strategy as it tries coping with a wide spread, chronic power shortages. The ...

Read more

Suzlon to Develop 800 MW Projects with Chinese Wind Energy Company

Suzlon Group, the world’s fifth largest wind turbine manufacturer, has signed a global strategic partnership agreement with CGN Wind Energy Co. (CGNWE), which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Chensui China Guangdong Nuclear Power Group. CGNWE is one of the largest wind power developers in China with installed capacity of around 3,000 MW. Suzlon’s agreement with CGNWE includes the development of 800 MW via do ...

Read more

Mongolia Readying Its First Wind Farm Project

Mongolia’s first wind energy project is receiving $47 million in funding from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development. The bank is extending a loan of $42.4 million to Clean Energy, which is collaborating with Mongolian investment firm Newcom to build the 50-megawatt Salkhit wind farm. Newcom owns 75 percent of Clean Energy and the bank owns the remaining 25 percent. The European Bank will also ...

Read more


Scroll to top