Solar Technology contracts in Asia
Asia-Pacific solar technology contracts in May 2020 saw 22 contracts announced, marking a drop of 35% over the last 12-month average of 34, according to GlobalData’s power industry contracts database.Solar technology contracts activity in Asia-Pacific by volume.
The proportion of solar technology contracts by category tracked by GlobalData in the month was as follows:
- Project Implementation with ten contracts and a 45.5% share
- Power Purchase Agreement: seven contracts and a 31.8% share
- Supply & Erection: five contracts and a 22.7% share.
Australia tops Asia-Pacific solar power contracts activity
Australia was the top country in the Asia-Pacific region for solar technology contracts recorded in May 2020 with seven contracts and a 31.8% share, followed by India with three contracts and a 13.6% share and Singapore with two contracts and a 9.1% share.
Solar technology contracts activity in Asia-Pacific – May 2020
Australia 31.8%, India13.6%, Singapore 45.5%, Rest of Asia-Pacific 9.1%
|Rest of Asia-Pacific||10|
Asia-Pacific solar technology contracts in May 2020: Top companies by capacity
The top issuers of contracts for the month in terms of power capacity involved in Asia-Pacific were:
- Solar Energy Corporation of India (India): 400MW from one contract
- CleanCo Queensland: 352MW from one contract
- Electricite du Laos (Laos): 76MW capacity from one contract.
Asia-Pacific solar technology contracts in May 2020: Top winners by capacity
The top winners of contracts for the month in terms of power capacity involved in Asia-Pacific were:
- Renew Solar Power Pvt (India): 400MW from one contract
- Neoen Australia Pty (Australia): 352MW from one contract
- Power Engineering Consulting two Joint Stock (Vietnam): 100MW capacity from one contract.
All publicly-announced contracts are included in this analysis drawn from GlobalData’s Power database, which covers power plants, T&D projects, equipment markets, analysis reports, capacity and generation, and tracks tenders and contracts on a real-time basis.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported contracts are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s Power database.