Rolls Royce Strengthens Tominaga Partnership in Japan
ROLLS-ROYCE STRENGTHENS PARTNERSHIP WITH TOMINAGA IN JAPAN
- Tominaga & Co., Ltd. is the new MTU distributor in Japan for the marine, rail, C&I and oil & gas segments
- Three workshops and test stands ensure the aftersales support
FRIEDRICHSHAFEN, GERMANY – Rolls-Royce Power Systems and Japanese company Tominaga & Co., Ltd. are to work closely in the future on serving the marine, O&G, rail and C&I markets. Tominaga, previously a service partner for MTU products, will now be supporting subsidiary MTU Japan Co., Ltd. as a distributor. MTU Japan’s primary focus lies in the field of C&I mobile, mining, agricultural and power generation applications.
The Tominaga company started out in business over a century ago and has been an MTU partner since the year 2000. Based in Tokyo, the Japanese distributor previously served companies such as Daimler-Benz Japan and Detroit Diesel and now employs some 150 staff.
Matthias Vogel, deputy Executive Vice President Sales, Service and Network at MTU, said: “We see huge market potential for our products in Japan, so Tominaga and our subsidiary MTU Japan will be working together to expand our customer service activities in all market segments. We are confident that we will be very well placed to tackle the challenges of the future.”
With a 1,840m2 logistics centre near Osaka and three fully equipped service workshops in Funabashi, Himeji and Kyushu, Tominaga has all the facilities needed to offer comprehensive aftersales support. And since each of the service workshops has test stands, it will also be capable of carrying out complete overhauls of MTU engines.
About Rolls-Royce Holdings plc
1. Rolls-Royce’s vision is to be the market-leader in high performance power systems where our engineering expertise, global reach and deep industry knowledge deliver outstanding customer
relationships and solutions. We operate across five businesses: Civil Aerospace, Defence Aerospace, Marine, Nuclear and Power Systems.
- Rolls-Royce Power Systems is headquartered in Friedrichshafen in southern Germany and employs around 10,000 people. The product portfolio includes MTU-brand high-speed engines and propulsion systems for ships, power generation, heavy land, rail and defence vehicles and for the oil and gas industry. Under the MTU Onsite Energy brand, the company markets diesel gensets for emergency, base load and peak load applications as well as cogeneration plants using gas engines for the combined generation of heat and power. Bergen medium-speed engines power ships and power generation applications. L’Orange completes the portfolio with fuel injection systems for large engines.
- Rolls-Royce has customers in more than 150 countries, comprising more than 400 airlines and leasing customers, 160 armed forces, 4,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and more than 5,000 power and nuclear customers.
- We have three common themes across all our businesses:
- Investing in and developing engineering excellence
- Driving a manufacturing and supply chain transformation which will embed operational
excellence in lean, lower-cost facilities and processes
- Leveraging our installed base, product knowledge and engineering capabilities to
provide customers with outstanding service through which we can capture aftermarket value long into the future.
- Annual underlying revenue was £13.8 billion in 2016, around half of which came from the provision of aftermarket services. The firm and announced order book stood at £80 billion at the end of 2016.
- In 2016, Rolls-Royce invested £1.3 billion on research and development. We also support a global network of 31 University Technology Centres, which position Rolls-Royce engineers at the forefront of scientific research.
- Rolls-Royce employs almost 50,000 people in 50 countries. More than 16,500 of these are engineers.
- The Group has a strong commitment to apprentice and graduate recruitment and to further developing employee skills. In 2016 we recruited 274 graduates and 327 apprentices through our worldwide training programmes.
For further information please contact:
Rolls-Royce Power Systems AG
Phone: +49 7541 90-7740