You Are Here: Home » News » Power Generation » IL&FS to Build India’s Largest Power Generation Plant

IL&FS to Build India’s Largest Power Generation Plant

Infrastructure financing and project development firm IL&FS (Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services Ltd) is working on setting up a power plant with a capacity of 4,000MW in Gujarat, government sources said.

The project, scheduled to start in June 2017, would be the single-largest generation power project in the country and equal the Centre’s showcase ultra-mega power projects (UMPPs) being set up as public-private partnership (PPP) ventures. IL&FS has floated a special purpose vehicle, Nana Layja Power Company Ltd, for implementing the project in Mota Layja village of the state’s Kutchh district.

IL&FS has planned the project as part of the Special Economic Zone (SEZ) it is setting up in Gujarat. The company has asked the coal ministry for linkage, or allotment of coal supplies from Coal India Ltd’s mines, for 70% of its fuel needs. The remaining 30% fuel needs would be met with imported coal.

 

Leave a Comment

© 2019 POWER INSIDER PUBLISHING & EVENTS LIMITED - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Scroll to top