Changes at Enel top management
Enel S.p.A. (“Enel”) announces the following changes in management positions, which will take effect as from October 1st, 2020 and were presented today to the Board of Directors by the Chief Executive Officer/General Manager:
- Global Infrastructure and Networks – Antonio Cammisecra will head this business line, leaving the position of Head of the Global Power Generation business line and the Africa, Asia and Oceania region. He will replace Livio Gallo, who is leaving the Group upon meeting the requirements for retirement;
- Global Power Generation – Salvatore Bernabei will head this business line, leaving the position of Head of Global Procurement service function;
- Africa, Asia and Oceania – Salvatore Bernabei will be heading up this region;
- Global Procurement – Francesca Di Carlo will take over as Head of this service function, leavingthe position of Head of Group People and Organisation holding function;
- People and Organisation – Guido Stratta will take the helm of this holding function, leaving the position of Head of People Development and Senior Executives Business Partner in the same function.Francesco Starace, Chief Executive Officer and General Manager of Enel, said: “First of all, I would like to thank Livio Gallo with deep affection and esteem, also on behalf of the Chair and all our colleagues, for his valuable contribution to the modernization and digitalization of distribution grids in all the countries in which we operate. Under his guidance, Enel has become a world leader in the development and management of infrastructure and distribution grids, a path we started down in Italy, where, unique in the world, we have installed more than 32 million first generation digital meters in over a decade, meters which we are now replacing with second generation devices. The digitalization of grids and the creation of a resilient distribution infrastructure are enabling factors for the development and spread of renewables and the implementation of the energy transition towards a completely decarbonized system.Francesca, Antonio, Guido and Salvatore, with the great management experience they have demonstrated in their positions in various areas of the Group, will be able to continue with strength and determination Enel’s role as a global leader in the energy transition. I wish them a successful future.
Antonio Cammisecra – holds the role of Sole Director of Enel Green Power and Head of the Africa, Asia and Oceania region since 2017 and has assumed the role of Head of the Global Power Generation business line as from October 1st, 2019, after being appointed Head of Global Thermal Generation from July 1st to September 30th, 2019.
He joined the International Department of Enel Group in 1999. He was then appointed Business Developer Manager for Latin America, working in various countries in South and Central America. In 2009 he was appointed as Head of Business Development Italy in Enel Green Power, and then in 2012 he was named Head of Operations and Maintenance Italy Hydro, Wind & Solar. In 2013, he became Head of Global Business Development of Enel Green Power, leading a team of more than 200 people, working in 5 continents.
Antonio Cammisecra studied Mechanical Engineering at the University of Naples Federico II, graduating with honours in 1996. In 2004 he was awarded a Master’s in Business Administration by Bocconi University, Milan.
Salvatore Bernabei – has served as Enel’s Head of Global Procurement since May 2017.
After a short experience as a consultant at Galgano & Associati, he joined Enel in 1999, taking the role of Logistics Manager for Enel Distribuzione, he later held the position of Supply Chain Manager, Project Manager, Contract Manager, for geothermal and wind projects in Italy. In addition, he worked as Project Director Assistant within the Torre Valdaliga Nord reconversion project. Bernabei subsequently held various management positions in Enel Green Power within Engineering and Construction as well as Safety and Environment units in Iberia, Latin America and Europe. After holding the role of Head of Operations and Maintenance for renewables in Iberia, he was appointed Country Manager of Chile and the Andean Countries for Enel Green Power and later Head of Renewable Energies Latin America before moving into his current position.
Bernabei holds a degree in Industrial Engineering from the University of Rome Tor Vergata and earned an MBA in Net Business Administration from the Milan Polytechnic. He participated in an INSEAD International Executive Programme in Singapore and Paris, and the Leadership for Energy Management Program at the SDA Bocconi School of Management (Milan) and IESE (Barcelona).
Francesca Di Carlo – has been the Enel Group’s Head of People and Organisation since July 2014 and is a member of the Boards of Directors of Open Fiber and Petrofac. Her professional career began at the UBS Group in 1987, where she specialized in corporate finance operations at both Italian businesses and international groups. She also covered a wide range of management roles at the Telecom Italia Group, including Head of Investor Relations for Telecom Italia and Tim, Head of Financial Planning and Head of Corporate Development and Mergers & Acquisitions. Subsequently, as Chair of Stream, she was responsible for completing the merger with Tele+, becoming a Director of Sky Italia as a representative of Telecom Italia. She was also Chair of Telespazio, where she looked after the company’s sale to the Finmeccanica Group.
Di Carlo joined Enel in September 2006 as Head of Corporate Strategy, before becoming Director of the Group Audit Function in January 2008.
Francesca Di Carlo graduated with honours with a degree in economics from the University of Rome “Sapienza”. She participated in two Harvard Business School Leadership Programs on Energy as well as Innovation and Organization in Boston. In 2001, she won the Women and Finance edition of the M. Bellisario award.
Guido Stratta – has been Head of People Development and Senior Executives Business Partner since 2014, dealing with compensation, training and recruiting for the Group in this area. His professional career began in 1988 at the Italgas Group, where he held various positions in the HRO area, including Head of Industrial Relations and Compensation. In 2001, he joined the Wind Group holding various roles, including Head of Industrial Relations and Head of Management and Development. He joined the Enel Group in 2003, holding various positions in the HRO area, until he was appointed Head of Human Resources at Enel Green Power in 2008. He was subsequently appointed, in the first phase of strong renewable development, Chief Executive Officer of Enel.SI, and then of 3SUN, a Group company for the development and marketing of distributed generation solutions in the solar and energy efficiency field, to then move into his current role since 2014.
Guido Stratta graduated with honours with a degree in law from the University of Turin and also obtained a master’s degree with honours in marine biology from the Marche Polytechnic University.